Entry-Level Specialist Roles
THIS IS BELONGING
Everyone wants to belong to something. A football team, a family, a close-knit group of friends. The sense of belonging you find in the Army is next level. When you’ve trained together, side by side, learned things no classroom can teach you. When you’ve lived together and worked together, it creates a bond like no other. A bond that lasts a lifetime, and sees you through whatever life throws at you.
The Army isn’t just about soldiers on the front line. We have over 200 roles to choose from, including some very unique specialisms. You could become a Musician and find yourself Trooping the Colour, or join our medical team as a Nurse, caring for our soldiers and their families. There are opportunities in HR and Business Administration where you will play a vital role in keeping the Army running smoothly. Whatever work you’re interested in, chances are the Army has the opportunity for you.
Whatever role you’re suited to, you’ll get a varied and exciting work with exceptional training. And you’ll get the kind of mates you’ll have for the rest of your life.
Basic training will teach you soldiering skills, like how to survive outdoors and how to fire weapons. You’ll develop your fitness, mental toughness and leadership ability. You’ll then have the opportunity to learn transferable skills in your chosen speciality that will enhance your military career and stand you in good stead if you decide to return to civilian life.
The Army will pay for you to gain valuable qualifications. These could include:
• Apprenticeships (NVQ/SVQs) in Engineering, Information Communication Technology, Retail, Public Service and Logistics
• Leadership and Management qualifications from GCSE to Degree level
• Variety of driving licences
• Supporting Learning and Assessment in Practice (SLAiP)
• The chance to get a bursary through medical studies
• Diplomas in a range of music subjects
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay. And you'll have plenty of opportunities to get qualifications that are recognised by civilian employers.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS
You should be:
• Regular Army age: 16.6 - 32.11 years
• Army Reserve age: 17.9 - 49.11 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
• For most specialist roles in the Army, all you need is GCSE grade C in English Language, Maths and Science/ICT
• For medical roles, you need to be registered with the NMC and may require a previous degree in your chosen subject, be sure to check the role on our website
Interests you’ll have
• Sport and adventure
• Helping people
• Decision making & responsibility
• Outdoor activities
Our next deadline for application is the 31st of March 2017, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG >